Friday, June 12, 2009

Tequila>Me

I learned a lot about myself last night. 

Catherine and I met up with Nathan and a bunch of his psych/AT&T buddies for margaritas at a Mexican joint. I don't drink tequila, so while everyone else was drinking the biggest size available, I got the smallest. It tasted bad. Yuck. But after I was almost finished with my first one it began to taste like Hawaiian Punch. So I ordered another. and another.

Catherine and I were fairly toasted. I'd never seen her as blitzed as she was. It was wonderful. We laughed, we were charming. Actually, we were the drunk girls who didn't really talk with anyone else, but I don't hate it.

I think I drank to compensate. I don't if it was the people or the setting or me, but for some reason, I just didn't really click with anyone at the restaurant. So I decided that since I had to be there (catherine and i carpooled) I would drink it up.

After getting sufficiently wasted, we decided to go to Trops, a daiquiri-like bar. I really didn't need one, but i wanted one. I got a medium Sweet Tart. It was delicious. But it really, really tipped me over the perhaps-cute phase into the over-the-top-condescending-flirty-phase.

I chatted up this dude who said he came to America in 1980, which means he's considerably older than me. i don't care. I laughed at people. I announced that I wanted to make-out to I don't know who. I remember getting on my knees at one point.

Catherine took me home shortly thereafter. Then i sent embarrassing texts to people, but I don't have the balls to look through my phone to see who received them. Then I woke up in the morning very sick and actually puked. I don't do that. That's not me. Damn tequila. 

I learned that vodka will always be my drink of fun. He's never led me wrong. He doesn't make me sick and he makes me happy. It's a relaxing drink.

Tequila makes me wild. It really does repel my clothes. Then it makes me sick. In certain situations tequila will be necessary, but not on an average night.

I'm going to a comedy club tonight and will probably repeat my actions, but intensify them, because I actually know everyone I'm going with. There's also a dance floor. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment