Monday, June 1, 2009

Got blonde curls? I can overlook that for the evening.

I love Columbia nightlife. It's pretty great.

Thursday night Ameena, Ben, Anthony, Kelly, Courtney and I hit up the Tin Can, which is a neat bar that sells beer for 75 cents. Surprisingly it's not a trashy bar (you can even use the beer pong table they have). It was pretty great. Of course, I didn't participate in the cheap beer. I drank Ameretto Sours all night, baby. It was fun just chillin.

After a while, we decided to go to East Side Tavern to say goodbye to one of Ameena's friends. It was a very artsy bar. All the dudes were either white, pale, thin with black hair and  glasses. Or else they were white, large and had beards. The females all dressed crazy with minimal cleavage. Anyway, this night was kareoke night. I have never heard so many bad covers of Radiohead in my life. It was pretty terrible. The music anyway, not the scene. I really wanted to sing Goldigger, but I wasn't drunk enough. I also wasn't feeling brave enough to sing the word "nigger" to the whole bar, and it's in the song a lot. Another night perhaps. 

Friday night we went to a dance party on the top of an artsy theatre! It was amazing. It was a videology night, which means they played videos to go with the music. They played a lot of classics, but they also played "Sorry Mrs. Jackson", "Jizz in My Pants", "I'm on a Boat" and many more. There was a fog machine. I drank vodka Sprite while on the roof across from a church. It was fantastic.

Again, this was filled with hipsters everywhere. There were a lot of "creepers" around. I quoted that word because it's subjective. Did I find it creepy when a middle-aged woman joined our dancing clique, made us hold hands and shimmy to Madonna? Did I find it creepy when she leaned over and licked/kissed Ameena's cheek and asked her if she liked it? Nope. I thought it was a roaring good time.

Did I find it creepy when this blonde, curly haired dude lurked behind me in an uncomfortably close fashion? Did I find it creepy when he looked in my eyes and mimicked my dance moves? Nope. I found him to be enticing- despite being both blonde, curly and probably bi-curious. Sadly, all my ladies came to my "rescue" and cock-blocked me. It was probably right for them to do so, but there's nothing like a morning of shame to spice up your life.

Saturday I had to rest. We had an "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" marathon- I love that show! I found out that Anthony makes Mead which was kind of neat. 

Overall, the social aspect of my life is looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment