Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life

Everything had lined up the way it supposed to. Finally my source's assistant got back to me last night and we scheduled an interview for today at 2:00. I was happy, as my deadline was at 5, I knew I would make it. At about 12:30 I left the newsroom to go eat lunch and prep myself. I practically frolicked home.

Then, when I reached the third landing in my building, something wasn't right. I didn't know what it was but something felt off. Then, all of a sudden, this bird swooped out of a hole in the ceiling and headed right towards me. I shrieked and cowered. I literally hit the floor. The bird went back to his roost. I said "good little bastard, I won't hurt you." So I walked hunched over to my door, but after only a few steps the thing swooped again! This time I screamed, panicked, and ran to my door. I unlocked it and got inside safely. It's a wonder no one came when I screamed.

I felt better when i got inside. I set up my notepad and heated up a turkey-leg for lunch. I put on some Sister, Sister and got to business watching it. Then, all of a sudden, the screen went snowy! I was like WTF is going on here? Then I remembered that in mid-May I'd cancelled my cable. Those bastards finally caught up with me.

I guess I had it coming. So I decided to go online, the soon learned that I couldn't, as I'd left my charger in the newsroom. Goddamnit. Well, thankfully I've still got Ameena's Arrested Development, so I popped that baby in and watched it. 

Then, right at 2, my phone rang. Excitedly I answered it, only to find it was my lady's assistant. The person I'm supposed to talk with has laryngitis and can't speak! And the only time she can reschedule for is next Thursday. I was thinking "well isn't this just great?"

So I rushed to the newsroom to explain my dilemma to the head editor. He said it was ok, I'd just reschedule it for then. Luckily in the magazine world we get our assignments early.

So I broke down and ordered Netflix. Gilmore Girls season 7 is on the top of my queue. The bird still waits for me. I don't know how I'll fair (fare?).

No comments:

Post a Comment