Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Snapped

Ever since I decided that it was a good idea to open my kitchen door a few days ago, this monster fly escaped into my living area. He watched me. He followed me around. He hovered and stared. He'd become a friend, an annoyance, an enemy and a creep.

I hated him for being there, as he's a dirty fly. But I realized he couldn't help he was hatched a dirty fly. For a few moments I saw his beauty and loved him. But then I came down and realized that ew, I cannot have him laying little eggs in me while I sleep.

So I decided to hunt him today. I saw that he was sitting in my shower (his reflexes have gotten slower and slower as he has become domesticated). I picked up the cup I use for shaving and I said "stay still little buddy, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm going to relocate you to a beautiful home." I meant it too. I'd let him loose in the hallway.

I lunged, the little guy barely escaped me. I charged after him, saying that if he just shut up and sat still I wouldn't hurt him. That's when he landed on my blinds. I'd just promised not to hurt him, but when I saw him still and vulnerable on the window (for whatever reason flies can't fly properly when on a window) I just snapped. I lunged at him with the cup and I lunged hard. I got him with the bottom of it. That's right, I didn't even try to save him with the mouth of the cup. He splattered and didn't have a chance.

I don't know what happened. When he had the advantage, I begged. When I had the advantage, I exploited it for my own good. That's how I tend to act in all my life's scenarios (minus the obvious begging). That fly taught me a lot about myself and for that I'll always be thankful.

I'll miss the little guy... maybe I shouldn't be living alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment