Monday, June 15, 2009

Part One: Meeting Gramps

I've decided to separate my Saturday night into a few different posts, organizing them by stages.

My weekend was one that I'll never forget but also one that I have a hard time remembering. I never knew that could be so classy/trashy in the same night. The fact that I used the word "classy" probably means that I'm not, but whatever.

Most people probably wouldn't give the details that I'm about to. But, this is a cathartic (braggative, really) release for me. It'll be something for me to look back upon as a warning.

Before the night even started, I had a problem. I didn't know what to wear. Everything was either too cleavagey or not booblicious enough. I ended up wearing a new dress that was very, very cleavagey, so I classed it up with a cami underneath and some leggings. 

After getting dressed, the night started out innocently enough. Ameena turned 23 so we had to celebrate. We started off by having dinner and drinks at an upscale lounge. It was very pleasant. I had the lobster mac & cheese and 2 ameretto sours. I was tipsy and loving it.

Afterwards, us girls (me, Ameena, Courtney and Kelly) decided to hit On The Rocks, a bar that has cheap drinks. I did learn, however, that cheap drinks add up fast. 

Anyway, once there, we walked in and who do I make eye-contact with? This old man who was about 78. He was drunk. He was looking my way. I exhaled deeply and tried to come up with a way to deal with this situation. I said "Hey, man, it's this girl's 23rd birthday," and pointed at Ameena. She didn't like the way I tried to deflect the situation. I can't say I blame her. 

She and the girls stayed their distance from the old man. I, however, surveyed the situation and noticed that he was the only thing between me and my Appletini. Potential awkwardness be damned, I needed my alcohol.

I strut up to the bar. The old man and I begin to chat. He's drinking bourbon and Coke or something, i can respect it. He was wearing one Mardi Gras bead. Thankfully the barkeep was a quick shaker and handed me my drink in no time. He told me I was pretty and that the bar had nice martini specials. He muttered a bunch of old man sayings that I couldn't understand.

I slinked away to a nearby table, only to chuckle about the incident....

More to come.

1 comment: