Monday, June 29, 2009

Past, Present or Future: who are you?

I had a wonderful dream. This post is going to be about said dream, despite what Dennis thinks about other people's dreams. He says that if he's not in them or somebody's not having sex in it, he doesn't want to hear it. I tend to agree. But, as this is my blog, I'm going to write about my dream.

I remember sitting at a lunch table between two guys. The one on my left side was apparently my boyfriend, who we'll call Joe. The one on my right was a stud-muffin who wanted me. We'll call him Chuck (I didn't recognize either of the two, but I have always been obsessed with the name 'Chuck' so we'll call him that).

So I'm sitting next to my bf when Chuck leans in and whispers "so have you told him yet?"
I giggle, "Nope."
"Want me to?"
"Not at all."
"Ok, then I'm going to make this uncomfortable for you."
"Go ahead and try."

Then, under the table he puts his hand on my knee and starts caressing it. I giggle.

Joe, who was absorbed in the sandwich he was eating, turns and looks at me and says "What's funny, what'd I miss?"
"I don't know Joe, can't a girl laugh?"
"I guess."
He goes back to eating his food. I elbow Chuck in his side, "stop it, we can't do this."
"It looks like we already are."

With that I stand to take my leave. "Hey Joe, I gotta go. I'll catch ya later, though."
"Ok, bye. Kiss?"
"No time."

I'm exiting when I feel a hand on my lower back, to discover that Chuck has followed me. Throughout the dream, whenever he and I are walking together, he is guiding me with his hand on the small of my back. I loved it very much.

"Chuck we are so bad." We stop in the hallway and gaze into each other's eyes. His are brown with blackish hair and scruff, like he hasn't shaven in a few days. Though we're in a high school, we're actually in our 20s. He looks so familiar, but I can't place him. "You want to make-out with me now, don't you?" he asks. "You cocky bastard... yes, I do," I say, but then the person narrating the dream says "Who are you?"

I wake up, and say aloud "who is he who is he who is he?" To which I answer "a dream guy." "No, he's real." "Can't you concentrate on the message of the dream instead of the dude?" "How can I do that? I have to know who he is." "So be it." And yes, all of that was spoken aloud by myself.

I fall back asleep. This time we're looking at a ship.
"Wanna get on my boat?" he asks.
"That's yours?"
"Sure."
We hop on. Then we see this huge Titanic size boat in the distance.
"Omg, omg! Look, another boat! No one ever uses this port," I scream, excitedly.
"They must've heard we were here and decided to come," Chuck said.

But then, when they got close, the ocean opened up and swallowed them. This caused our boat to rock and I flew out into the water. I panically started to swim, knowing I would die. I go under, but then I find some extra energy inside of myself and I kick extra hard, making it to the boat and climb inside.

"Haha, you're all wet," Chuck said.
"Shut up and give me your phone, we have to call 9-1-1."
"Do we?"
"Yes, I'm not going to die out here, goddamn you." I take his phone and call for help. After a while, some scantilly clad nurses arrive. But they just stand in the water, staring at us.

"Aren't you going to help us?" Chuck asks.
"Got your blood test results?" One of the blondes ask.
"What?"
"You have to prove that you're important enough to be saved, with your blood."
"This is rediculous!" I yell.
"Wait Jess, look. They're standing in the water- it's only going to their knees."
"So?"
"So, it means we can jump."
"What? I don't wanna jump!"
"Trust me," he says, grabbing my hand. Together we leap from the boat and land on the shore.
"Well I feel silly now," I say.

There's mayhem and people are running everywhere. He places his hand where he always does and says, "c'mon, let's get out of here." We walk for a while until we end up at a press conference for Venus and Serena Williams. We sit down and listen to the ladies talk, except they're not talkng about tennis. They've turned into the Sue Johanson and are talking dirty.

Chuck and I cuddle as we watch.
"How did we meet, Chuck?"
"Have you told Joe yet?"
"I left him a voicemail. But, like, how long have we known each other, I can't remember for some reason." Then he looks me in the eye and says the line he used a lot throughout the dream, "You want to make out we me right now, don't you?"
"It makes me feel awkward when you say that. You make me feel needy."
"I can't make you feel anything. Let's get out of here." I let him pull me away, and then I wake up.

I have the same conversation with myself that I did earlier. I know that I know him in real life, but I just don't know who he is. Then I go back to sleep to find out.

For some reason he and I- among other people- are hanging out in a public restroom. We're just chillin when all of a sudden this madwoman with a tommygun busts in. Chuck and I dive into the nearest stall, lock the door and cling to each other.

The lady struts around, shooting every stall. But for some reason, she skips ours. I hear her leaving, but I am pissed that she skipped us. So, before I can be stopped, I fling myself out of the stall. I raise my hands above my head.

"Stop!" She does. "Don't shoot me, just please don't shoot me."
"Why did you come out?"
"Do you like cake? I bet so. I just want a cookie." That doesn't even make any sense.
"Cake's okay. I'm going to the grocery store after I finish up here, maybe I'll get some."
"Get me some cookie dough while you're there and I'll make us cookies."
"Ok," she says and then turns to leave. I exhale loudly. Then she angrily turns around and shoves the gun in my forehead. "But you're awfully stupid." I say nothing. She chuckles and leaves.

Then I go back into the stall- "oh Chuck, I almost got my fucking face blown-off. My face!"
"You're so bad, so crazy, so bad, so crazy," he chants.
"I know, I know!" I say, over and over, relieved to not be dead.

He's holding my cheeks and we're looking into each other's eyes this whole time, much like the scene in Titanic when Rose and Jack reunite after she's jumped off the lifeboat. Finally we do kiss and it is wonderful.

I wake up. There's a lot I'm leaving out, but I still can't place him. I just know that he's very familiar and I feel like I know him. My friend Sarah says that I knew him in a past life. Maybe so, but I hope he's either in my present or very near future. I just remember that in my dream he was very intense. He was controling when he had to be and submissive when I wanted him to be. He was perfect and I hope he's real.

This entry is just for my record, so I don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment