Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Crustacean Game

I have this game I like to play in the shower, which I like to call "Lobsty". It's where I pretend that I am a lobster. I have always wondered what it feels like to be boiled alive. Can you imagine it? It would be horrible. Probably because of this fear I hate hot liquids. I don't like them on my face, anyway (insert jokes now please). I wait for my hot chocolate to get cold before I drink it. Coffee and tea creep me out.

Now, I have never personally cooked a shellfish before, but I have heard that you have to put the creature in a cold pot and let it slowly warm up, or else he'll just jump out. I thought this was an interesting observation on the mentality of such a creature. I didn't know they could even jump, but I'm interested in discovering all of their unknown talents.

Anyway, this philosophy applies to me too. If I'm taking a bath and the water's too hot, I can't get in. But once I hope in a lukewarm bath I turn the cold water off and let myself relax in the near-scalding water.

But back to Lobsty. I like to let the shower rain on my back at a medium temperature. Then, I slowly decrease the amount of cold water that comes out. Everything is fine, I can take it, until suddenly it hits me that I'm in bright red pain. Then I snap awake and come to my senses- this is not how I should be playing with myself in the shower. 

I make the water go to a more comfortable temp and go back to thinking about things. There's not going to be an insightful concluding paragraph for this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment