Sunday, May 17, 2009

My journey home

I haven't been in a writing mood lately. I promised to write everyday, but I knew that if I wrote during the past few days, they would've been terrible posts, so in order to keep up a quality blog, I decided not to write.

I drove back to Baton Rouge on Wednesday and it was a crazy trip. First, a hitchhiker almost committed suicide via my car. He was walking on the shoulder and the trucks in front of me got in the left lane to be polite. I didn't feel like being polite, so I stayed in the right lane. Then, right when I got beside him, he jumped out into the road! Thankfully he missed my car, but had he gotten in my way, my trip would have been delayed, and I would've been upset.

Then, I was listening to a radio talk-show host who was talking about some baseball player's brother who wants "hateful" groups to be taken off of Facebook. Apparently there are groups who say the Holocaust never happened and this guy wants them disbanded. I think that's silly. People should have the right to share ideas, even if some may find them ludicrous/offensive.

But, as I was listening to the show, I forgot to pay attention to the road and I missed my turn. Trying to find my way back to I-55 I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up at the Memphis airport. I was scared and thought I'd never make it home. Before going into a full-blown panic attack, I breathed, and was thankfully able to find my way back.

Then it started to rain really hard with bright lightening and loud thunder mixed in. I was terrified, but thankfully I made it in.

The next day, Wednesday, I went to my sister's high school graduation. It was very boring and very ghetto. There were people with air-horns galore. One family even had a confetti machine. It was crazy and I was bored out of my mind. I did, however, teach my mom how to play Rockband on my iPod before it started and that was pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment