Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm excited, after all.

As it turns out, I think this summer will be fun. I got my first assignment for Vox. It's a preview for Summer Fest, which starts tomorrow but goes throughout the summer. A Ben Folds concert kicks it off and I'm working on snagging a press pass for it. I've seen him twice and it'd be nice to see him again.

Today Nathan, Catherine and I had dinner at Noodles and it was tasty. Afterwards we snagged some ice cream. During that, I discovered that Catherine didn't get to participate in the tradition of walking away from the columns when she graduated. Nate and I couldn't stand for that, so we walked over to the quad and cheered her on as she passed through. Nathan cheered very raucously for her. It was wonderful. I was both proud and sentimental.

Afterwards, we went to the top of a parking garage and flew a kite and chilled. Nathan rapped Ludacris' "Fantasy" without any background music. He knew all the words. It was quite impressive.

After that we went to Wal-Mart where we bounced some balls and looked at vibrating condoms. It was wonderful.

Being in the Vox office was fun. I feel official. It turns out that I know a few people who are working there and I made a new friend, so it's a good start. We've decided we're going to party together and I am stoked.

This summer seems promising.

1 comment:

  1. I love and miss those random nights in Columbia. I hope you enjoy your summer there. Summer 2007 (the first entire summer I spent there) was probably the best few months of my life.

    ReplyDelete