Friday, May 8, 2009

Cable Dilemma

I have cable and I enjoy it very much. I like my Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty and Vh1 shows. The part of cable that I don't like is the bill. It's about $70 a month. I live alone, so the bill falls on my shoulders. I've been telling my mom I'll get rid of it for some time now, but I have yet to do so. I don't know if I'm brave enough to get rid of it.

I know there is Hulu, but my Internet is rather sketchy. I guess I could always go on-campus to use the 'Net if mine fails. Purchasing Netflix was also recommended. I think that would probably be ok.

Now that I'm 21, I'm spending a lot of money on alcohol (more than I thought I would), so I have to make some cutbacks. The smart thing to do would be to not drink, I guess, but that's not really an option. It looks like the cable's gotta go.

I'll be staying in Missouri this summer to do summer school, so I should get rid of things that may distract me. Like cable. But at the same time, it doesn't look like I am going to find a job, which will leave me with a lot of free time.

Oh well, the problem looms. Advice is appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Get rid of cable. Pay for better internet or Netflix. Problem solved.

    Also, you get trashed so easily, you shouldn't need to spend that much on alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo right. It really only takes two martinis... but shots are fun... I'll work on self control. Or maybe just do shots instead of mixed drinks. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shots is the way to go if you want to get drunk fast . If you are having a classy night out, or you just want to enjoy your drinking experience, the buy mixed drinks. Splurge occasionally, not always.

    ReplyDelete