Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fantasies at work.

I work at the reception desk at the local newspaper. I'm here now. A few minutes ago, I heard Jamie Fox's "Alcohol" and I got very excited. I happen to love that song. I am very urban. Just as I was getting into it, it stops, and I look around to see what happened. As it turns out, it was the ringtone of a very sexy lad. He stopped, chatted into the receiver, and I watched. 

I saw myself get up from my chair, cross the lobby, take his phone, shut it and say "baby, I'm all the entertainment you need." Then I grab him by the hand and pull him to my desk, then I pull down the blinds. But once we got there, the dynamics change and he takes control and is very savage with me on my boss' desk (cliche, sure. Still hot, of course). It'd be a very good time. Then, when I had my fill, I'd swat him away and go back to my New York Post perusing. 

I was in the middle of my reverie when I realized that Mr. Alchy was leaving. Just as I was about to mumble something, I hear him say into his phone "Guess what? My dad's going to be out of town this weekend, so..." and then he left the building.

His dad's out of town? So what? You're in college and you look like a junior, at the least. Shouldn't you be the one that's out of town? Are you going to have a raging kegger while the pop's away? Will you need the guests to come back the next day to sneak the beer bottles into the neighbor's trash bins?

I then imagined going on a date with him, only to have his mother be behind the wheel. When she drops us off at the Putt-Putt place he asks her for a $20 and an extension on his curfew. Then, a little further down the line, I see us hanging in his den, watching his favorite movie, "Cheaper by the Dozen." When it's over, we go to his bedroom to discuss Tom Welling's acting chops, only to find the door has been removed from its hinges, so his momma knows what we're doing at all times.

This fantasy depresses me. I liked my first one better.

So, from my brief encounter with this very attractive brooding young man, I have realized that it is best not to judge people. From looking at him, I thought he'd be a fun guy, but when I peered about further into his life, I realized what a bore he would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment