Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Family time or party time?

I'm trying to figure out what to do for Christmas Break. Sadly I can't be everywhere at once. Part of me wants to stay here so I can make money at Subway. Most of me wants to go home.

The real problem is this: my mom wants to go to VA from Christmas to New Year's. I love my family in VA and I would like to see them. One such family, these two old folks who have a huge house and a checkered chicken named after me, are old and racist and amuse me to no end. They throw the term "jigaboo" around like it's nothing and it always causes me to laugh.

My sister, Tracy, doesn't really want to go. My mom said we don't have to if we don't want to, we can stay home while she goes, if we so choose.

It would be mildly cool having the house to myself for a week, but now that I've had my own place for four years, I think the novelty of being alone is gone. But the kicker is that Anthony wants to come celebrate New Year's in New Orleans. It could be fun, for sure. But on the other hand, my great group of friends and I have been doing the same tradition for the past bunch of New Year's Eve. Anthony could surely join us, but then I'd have to skip VA. Mom said we could come back before New Year's, but I don't want her to cut her trip short because of me. Dilemma, dilemma.

Did I mention that the old relatives are worth millions? They've already said they're leaving it all to this kid (my age) they've only met a couple of times. It's because he's a guy and has their family name, they're on my mom's mom's side of the family. Too bad they're not on her dad's, or I'd probably have their name, or at least my mom would.

Also, my friend Erin came up with an awesome remedy for my techno blasting neighbors. I could blast this right back at them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHPegoquV5I


What a horrible sounding language.

1 comment:

  1. You should party it up in New Orleans! That sounds like it would be most fun and warm! Anthony could go down and you could have other friends party with you too! Your grandparents crack up me. "Jigaboo"?! My grandfather used to say that, but he was racist. Majorly. haha

    Jess, you crack me up, as always. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete