Monday, November 30, 2009

Goddamn stupid hipsters

As I type, I am praying to keep strong and not go on a murderous rampage. The person in the apartment below mine is playing the most horrible, disturbing, annoying techno shit ever. I hate techno and hate people that like it even more. Hate is a strong word, I know, but it's the least harsh word that's applicable to this feeling that is consuming me.

Every time they play this song- the same one over and over again, which is every night, incidentally- I just get so angry. I yell "I hate shitty music, aghh! I'm going to strangle babies and scratch them with my teeth!" I do yell these things. I imagine my neighbors fear me, but I don't care, maybe they should. Right now I might just hurt them. I can't convey how much I hate hearing techno blasting my apartment at all hours of the night and day. It's horrible.

I left a note on their door in September telling them to stop, and they did for a week, looks like I'll have to do the same thing in the morning. If I had balls I'd march down there, kick in their door, bust their boombox with a bat and then smash their face with it, for good measure.

Sadly, I'm lacking balls so I will suffer until the morning. If they don't comply with my message, then I will talk to my landlords.

This is insufferable and I will not tolerate it.

Every time the track ends it pauses for a blissful, torturous teasing 30 seconds, only to start again. I just don't understand people these days. Goddamn stupid hipsters.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jess, oh girl, I'm commenting!

    I lived for a year below a basketball player who played gangsta rap at all hours of the night. It wasn't during the day, no. It was at night when I needed to sleep most. I barely slept my sophomore year of college because of him.

    Even my boyfriend/whatever at the time could hear it down the hall. I yelled him and his suite mates all the time. I was the crazy uptight bitch.

    Just go talk to your neighbor if it bothers you that much. Just explain that you understand they like their music, but ask them to turn it down nicely. You could be sinister besides living a nice note. You could play something horrible early in the morning to get your point across. How about something old and sappy from the 1950s? Or old country like George Jones? OH! How about some opera? That could work too.

    Remember my gay neighbors? I left a flyer for STD testing at their door a few weeks ago. And because they chain smoke, I pick up their cigarette butts and leave them in a can by their door. You need to be sneaky if being nice doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! That is so funny- about the gay neighbors. That is really crazy. And the cigarette butts- classic. You have some good advice. I'll feel better once I'm proactive.

    Sucks about the bball player. I'm hoping they go abroad next semester.

    ReplyDelete